Saturday 29 June 2013

Tonto Dikeh Reacts : ''If you can’t find me with marijuana, slow down on your assumptions''



As the alleged pictures of hemp displayed by Tonto Dike in the social media continues to generate buzz and gossips, the controversial screen diva has condemned those spreading the rumour without due confirmation, saying, the story was made up, based on some assumptions.
In a release made available to DailyPost, Dike had said that those photos did not originate from her, as they were originally sent to her instagram page on her birthday. She denied that those pictures were real, arguing that they were mere birthday designs made by a fan, which she responded with a “thank you” message.
Tonto stressed that in as much as she would have loved to remain mum over the matter, the magnitude of the rumour called for some clarification.
She said “As much as I would like to ignore the current issue on hemp, I think I owe well-meaning people some clarification. It is so easy the misconception that can come from a picture- the genius of technology. If you cannot find me holding a wrap of marijuana then you may want to slow down on your assumptions. We shouldn’t use our platforms to spread half-truths
“A fan wrote those words with herbs on my birthday on instagram, and I replied: “Thank you #teampoko”. Now, how does someone else’s action become my crime?” She asked.
In justifying her earlier post that she smokes ganja and weed while her haters smoke her gossip, she said ” If I said those words (‘Mi smoke ganja, mi smoke weed, while my hatez smoke ma gossip’ ) I will stand by them, but I didn’t, and just because it is convenient for people to believe the lies, still doesn’t make it the truth. The whole thing is falsified by people who just love to have fun at other’s expense” She condemned.
Stressing that the current pictures being circulated were falsified and not like the original one sent to her instagram page, she said “Let’s put some thought to some of the things we write. Don’t do cut-and-paste. The original pictures are there to see; but no! That is too boring to be the truth. We want the truth to be nasty and spicy for our enjoyment, even if it is a pack of lies. Visit my instagram page and see if the original picture is the same as the ones being circulated.
She affirmed that she is head strong and won’t let anything deter her, “Personally, I have moved on to more significant things, and I want you to join me. Do you know how many women suffer domestic violence in Nigeria? What can be done to stop it? Shouldn’t we try to revive the Nigerian homes, so we can groom happy and confident children? I am putting the weight of my voice behind domestic violence. What about you?
“Stop hitting, slapping, cursing, hurting your partner! Where is the love? Let’s restore the dignity of the society with the platform given to us by God. Use that platform of yours to build awareness for more important issues. She concluded.
Meanwhile, DailyPost had reported earlier that the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, had said on Friday that it would investigate the act.
Most analysts have said that Dike’s latest reaction to the tittle-tattle may have come as a result of the recent threat by NDLEA, just to dissuade them from further investigation on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments Are Welcomed!

like